Interested in becoming an Ocean Champion but don’t know where to start? Here are some tips and tools to guide you:
- Learn about the issues: State of our Oceans
- Browse the database to know which red-listed seafood items to ‘Avoid’
- Choose seafood from the green ‘Best Choice’ seafood list
- Talk to your seafood supplier to obtain details on the species you are buying.
Ask them the following questions:
- What species is this?
- Is this seafood wild or farmed?
- How was it caught or farmed?
- Where was it caught or farmed?
Use the SeaChoice alternatives guide for ocean-friendly substitutes to ‘Avoid’ red-listed seafood.
Educate your staff by posting species profiles for your menu ingredients and customers by handing out SeaChoice wallet guides.
Are you looking to source ocean-friendly seafood for your restaurant?
Working with several recognized seafood conservation organizations that have science-based, credible sustainable seafood pro-grams, FishChoice.com is an excellent resource to help businesses like yours discover many of the ocean-friendly seafood options your customers are asking for.